June 6, 2010

All Excited...



I am all excited about my new OTG of Morphy Richard (28ltr) in Chennai. I have to definitely thank S for driving on a peak Saturday evening to Adyar to buy the OTG.
I did the official inauguration of my OTG with my first baking receipe-Oaty Anzac cookies. If you wish to know the background behind the name of the cookies- refer the link above.
Here goes the receipe for the cookies..
Ingredients:
1 cup (90g) rolled oats
1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
⅔ cups (150g) caster (superfine) sugar
¾ cup (60g) desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons golden syrup
125g butter
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
2 tablespoons hot water
Procedure:
Preheat oven to 160°C (320ºF). Mix the oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl. Place the golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over low heat and melt. Mix the bicarbonate of soda with the water and add to the butter mixture. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well. Place tablespoons of the mixture, leaving space between each one for spreading, onto baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and flatten to about 7cm in diameter. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until a deep brown. Cool on trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 28.

Today I had to used honey instead of golden syrup. Also, I used freshly grated cocunut instead of dessicated cocunt, as I could not get hold of either of these ingredients in my neighbourhood. This post goes as an entry to "Baking from the book" event. This is the first time I am sending an entry to such a blog event. I have also tried to take a photo of the front cover page of the book I had referred to prepare the same. This book was gifted by my husband while we were in Singapore. :)
I made paneer at home and also tried to prepare paneer tikka for dinner using my new OTG-grill option ! The paneer pieces had got broken when I tried to insert the skewer! I had finally put them directly in the grill tray and it ended up with lot of pieces getting stuck to the grill. :(
It have still a long way to go in grilling.... I think I should marinate the paneer and other vegetables in the freezer , so that the ingredients get hard and don’t break while using skewer??!!
I would be very happy to get inputs on how to use the OTG grill option for making good Tikkas?


1 comments:

Suma Gandlur said...

Shuba, thanks for sending an entry for the event.
The cookies look lovely and if you have chosen to add the recipe, it would have been helpful.