July 18, 2011

Wht am I upto?

From spoken Hindi classes to trying to get the best "AADI" deals for various items - Am having lots of fun.
Did try to meet up with many old township friends/familes- for a wedding for which we got 3 invitations -We knew both the bride and groom's family very well and to prove again that world is small, the groom works in SG's office!!

Spoken hindi classes - Am taught by a physically challenged, retired hindi teacher. In a spacious hall, there are many school kids stuyding on different topics separately - each having a doubt or query to the teacher at any point in time. I am the only adult middle of these kids , learning to speak "SHUDH HINDI" :). If I religiously practise what am taught with my family, teacher says that can complete the course in 36 classes of 1 hr each.

Able to catch up with 2 close office colleague and family. Somehow, felt a little different - We were surrounded by our better-halfs. So, didnt feel that closeness in our talks .

Managed to get my Visiting cards on time , was useful to carry it around for the "Chennai Jelly" event.
It was an informal work event organized by "THE STARTUP CENTER" in Chennai. When I entered the place first with my laptop and things to work with, I had few apprehensions. What is a HR consultant going to do, among lot of startups / Techie ppl!!! I was the only girl in the entire place for almost 2+ hours!! I chose a corner work place , connnected my laptop and started working or pretended to work . I did a cleanup of my data in the laptop /mail box(a long pending item). Then, slowly people walked-in and started sitting in groups and introducing themselves. I was a little hesistant to join them from my corner workspot. Resisted my inhibition, joined a small group of 4 . I could gel pretty soon and then we did work in our own things for more than a hour and a half with good aircon and mild music on the floor!! Then, felt a need for a refreshement break. Two guys gladly accepted to join me for the same and we bonded pretty well. There were not only start-up guys , but also people working full-time with companies abroad and currently located in India. So, they dont have any colleagues in their own nation. So,only work from home and hence miss being in an office setup!!! Then, met up with a young looking girls group. Thought, all were still in college. But, found out that they have their own social media marketing company!! It was quite different to know their courses in college and their current work nature .. Out and out- I definitely felt nice to meet up with new group, energetic mind-set people and felt great to work there for a few hours! Given a chance, will definitely want to work more often like this :)

1 comments:

Shweta said...

Super shubs, ippo hindi la super conversant a nee? I have been working from home too and it is a nightmare, totally get what you are saying :)