July 5, 2011

Shaam E Ghazal...


When popped up with the question if I would be interested to attend a live concert of the famous Ghazal Singer -Jagjit Singh- I was frankly skeptical! I knew S likes Jagjit Singh music very much - both for the meaning and the tunes! As I am not very good at Hindi - I was not sure if I would really relish the same!

But, I accepted to try the new experience of listening a live concert in Bangalore during our short trip there..

We drove along with S friend's family from one end of the city to the other end for the concert. It was truly nice to listen the ghazals -though I could not appreciate the wordings as much as the other's did . Though S was kind of - to translate a few of the most fond songs of his -during the concert!

S did I tell you - It was romantic - to walk hand-in-hand till the car- on a chilly mid-night , after listening to the melodious music concert :)



0 comments: